[Athen] Adobe Digital Editions accessible?

Russell Solowoniuk SolowoniukR at macewan.ca
Fri Aug 28 14:47:20 PDT 2015

Hi Karen,

I am able to use Adobe Digital Editions with quite good success with Jaws 15 and/or 16. I don't recall needing to do anything special to get it to work. I used both Adobe Digital Editions versions 3 and 4... maybe you are trying an earlier version? I seem to recall having issues with earlier versions of ADE. I am able to tab to the table of contents, arrow down and choose a specific chapter, press enter, then tab back into the text at the start of the chapter I chose in the table of contents. I'm not sure why it wouldn't work for your accessibility tester.

Best regards,,

Russell

Russell Solowoniuk
AT Educational Assistant, Services to Students with Disabilities
MacEwan University
7-198 D4, 10700-104 Ave.
Edmonton, AB T5J 4S2
E: solowoniukr at macewan.ca
T: 780-497-5826
F: 780-497-4018
macewan.ca
This communication is intended for the use of the recipient to whom it is addressed and may contain confidential, personal, and/or privileged information. Please contact me immediately if you are not the intended recipient of this communication, and do not copy, distribute, or take action relying on it. Any communication received in error, or subsequent reply, should be deleted or destroyed.

>>> Karen Sorensen <karen.sorensen at pcc.edu> 8/28/2015 3:29 PM >>>

Hi -
I read online that Adobe Digital Editions is supposed to be accessible, but
this was in blog posts from 2012. Our accessibility tester who is an
experienced JAWS user, cannot seem to use it. Any ideas or resources that
might help or do you find it inaccessible too?
Thanks,
Karen

Karen M. Sorensen
Accessibility Advocate for Online Courses
www.pcc.edu/access
Portland Community College