[Athen] Accessible Text Editor w/Line Numbers

Al Puzzuoli alpuzz at msu.edu
Wed Dec 9 09:52:35 PST 2015

Hi Michele,
As a screen reader user myself who has dabbled in Python, I found that the Ed Sharp editor worked quite well for me: http://empowermentzone.com/EdSharp.htm
It’s been a few years, and I don’t remember if there is a way to toggle line number announcement. I wouldn’t be at all surprised if there is. But for Python, the feature I found most useful was its ability to announce and move by indentation levels.
Hth,
Al Puzzuoli
Information Technologist
Michigan State University,
Resource Center for Persons with Disabilities, 120 Bessey Hall East Lansing, MI 48824-1033
517-884-1915
http://www.rcpd.msu.edu