[Athen] FW: WebAssign info needed

Dan Comden danc at uw.edu
Wed Feb 4 16:41:37 PST 2015

Wink, can they give you example content so you can verify?

I know it's not what you asked for, however this might be useful as a flag
for others communicating with vendors.
My opinion: a vendor that claims screen reader accessibility without
mentioning anything else (like WCAG 2.0) has at best an incomplete grasp of
accessible design...

Just my experience but it's been pretty consistent over the last few years.
It's definitely a sign for me that a closer look will be required.

-*- Dan

On Wed, Feb 4, 2015 at 4:30 PM, Wink Harner <foreigntype at gmail.com> wrote:

> Clarifying: WebAssign website “claims” screen reader accessibility in

> their online books. I need to know if any of you have hands-on experience

> with this site and know how much, if any accessibility there is with screen

> readers, and more specifically if any of you have tested it for

> accessibility recently.

> Thanks in advance.

> Wink Harner

> winkharner1113 at gmail.com

> foreigntype at gmail.com

> (Disclaimer: this email was dictated with Dragon NaturallySpeaking. Please

> forgive any quirks, mis-recognitions, or omissions.)

-*- Dan Comden danc at uw.edu <danc at washington.edu>
Access Technology Center www.uw.edu/itconnect/accessibility/atl/
University of Washington UW Information Technology