[Athen] Followup on technology images

Kluesner, Bryon Bryon-Kluesner at utc.edu
Wed Jul 1 16:50:26 PDT 2015

Hi all. I have received some really good feedback from folks regarding imaging campus wide library and lab computers with the technology image of JAWS, Zoom Text, etc. Thanks! This particular comment caught my eye - "We have central server licenses for JAWS that all labs and libraries can access, and distribute K3000 firefly, R&W Gold, and Zoom Text/Magic licenses throughout. I met with a R&W Gold rep this afternoon and he acknowledged this is how they operate.

Instead of asking for all computers to be imaged with the accessible software suite, have others placed the specific software on a General Image accessible by all students at the university? If so, any pointers on how this was managed and feedback on the feasibility of it?

Thanks.

Bryon

Bryon Kluesner, RhD
Adaptive Technology Coordinator
Disability Resource Center
Adjunct Faculty
College of Health, Education & Professional Studies
University of Tennessee at Chattanooga
615 McCallie Ave., Dept. 2953
Chattanooga, TN 37403
423-425-5251