[Athen] Screen reader and library websites

Melanie P. Thornton mthornt at uark.edu
Thu Jul 2 07:47:36 PDT 2015

Passing this along. My apologies if this has already been posted here.

Melanie

____________

My name is Adina Mulliken and I am an Assistant Professor & Librarian at Hunter College/CUNY in New York.

Do you, or anyone you know, use a screen reader with a college or university library website? I’m doing qualitative research to better understand blind users’ experiences with these libraries. I’m asking people to talk with me for about an hour, and participants will be offered a $20 gift certificate to iTunes or Amazon for their time.

If you or someone else you know is interested, please contact me via e-mail --am2621 at hunter.cuny.edu<mailto:am2621 at hunter.cuny.edu> -- or phone, 212-396-7665<tel:212-396-7665>.

I will reply to people who contact me with some questions to see who best meets the criteria listed just below. For those selected, I will ask to schedule a call or meeting at a time convenient for you. Calls and meetings will be entirely confidential.

Criteria:

1. Must be 18 years old or older

2. Must be legally blind or comparable criteria from another country

3. Must have experience using a screen reader. I am looking for people with various different levels of screen reader experience.

4. Must have experience using a U.S. college or university library website. I am looking for people with different amounts of experience with this.

Thank you very much for considering this! Please forward and share this email with anyone you think would be interested.

Adina

Adina Mulliken
Assistant Professor, Librarian
Social Work and Public Health Library