[Athen] Making Math Accessible in Word

steve.noble at louisville.edu steve.noble at louisville.edu
Tue Jun 16 13:26:34 PDT 2015

There's no need for any additional tags. If using the most current versions of NVDA or Window-Eyes, then you can get native reading of the math equations in a Word document as long as you have MathPlayer4 installed:

http://www.dessci.com/en/products/mathplayer/default.htm

JAWS does not yet have this capability to natively read math in the Word document itself, but if you use the MathPage export feature in MathType and use the HTML+MathJax setting JAWS should be able to read the exported web page.

Hope this helps,

--Steve Noble
steve.noble at louisville.edu
502-969-3088
http://louisville.academia.edu/SteveNoble<https://exchange.louisville.edu/owa/redir.aspx?C=CdhMttRtdkSZAY1GqZCRu5k28cp7bNAIPUU6wKc1De8y-_GlninyxASwkrwRp4PfcJ9J6C2iqrk.&URL=http%3a%2f%2flouisville.academia.edu%2fSteveNoble>