[Athen] Does anyone have experience with edX or iversity online courses?

Story, Angela STORY at Grinnell.EDU
Wed Mar 25 08:43:11 PDT 2015

I work at Grinnell College providing alternate format materials and assistive technology for our students. We are kicking off a pilot Guided Learning Program this summer that offers Grinnell students academic credit by pairing digital content provided by an approved third party online platform with instruction from a Grinnell College faculty member. The platforms under consideration are edX and iversity. I am concerned about edX because of the recent Harvard/M.I.T. suit and haven't found much information about iversity. Does anyone have any information about the accessibility of either of these platforms?

Thanks in advance,
Angie Balm Story

Coordinator, Academic Support & Assistive Technology
Grinnell College
1115 8th Avenue, JRC 311-B
Grinnell, IA 50112
ph: (641) 269-4450