[Athen] Digital asset management systems

Teresa Haven Teresa.Haven at nau.edu
Mon May 4 15:23:15 PDT 2015

Hi, Dawn. Of the three you mention, I've had the opportunity to do some research on and see some demonstration of Kaltura, and their accessibility appears pretty good. Everything, including their players, is built on HTML5 (no Silverlight, no Flash); they encourage captioning as part of their wider searchability marketing; and everything I've seen so far is keyboard-accessible. They say they will have a good Descriptive Audio solution in place in the near future (next 90 days, I believe). I haven't gotten to play in a demo space yet, but what I've seen and read so far seem very promising.
HTH,
Teresa

Teresa Haven, Ph.D.
Accessibility Analyst, Northern Arizona University
Co-Chair, AHEAD Standing Committee on Technology