[Athen] Request for STEM Program Informations

Wink Harner foreigntype at gmail.com
Tue May 26 17:27:08 PDT 2015

In addition to getting in touch with Stanford as Ron suggested, please
include talking to Greg Kraus at South Carolina State University and the
folks at AMAC. If you need contact info, let me/the list know. We'll be
happy to provide contact emails & phone numbers. I included AMAC because
they do this production on a regular (commercial) basis as well. I'm sure
there are others on the list who have step-by-step guides.

The group of us who presented on Making Math Accessible at Accessing Higher
Ground last fall each took math accessibility production from a different
perspective, depending on the final needs of the student. Production for
Brailled math in nemeth code is different than for a student who needs JAWS
to produce TTS or for a student who needs it in bimodal format (hearing and
seeing it at the same time), such as the Central Access Reader will do.
There are OCR programs for math such as Infnty Reader, mathml programs such
as Math Type which works in MS Word and so on and so on and so on!

We are all here to help.
Hope THIS info was helpful to you as well.

Wink Harner