[Athen] useful AT for this student

Nettie Fischer nettiet at gmail.com
Tue May 26 21:12:42 PDT 2015

Please know that without really having much information, it is a toughy to
make AT suggestions but just brainstorming here. Has she explored a
headmouse with mouse emulating software, dynamic keyboard with word
prediction. These options might allow her to write without a scribe. I
understand that this would not serve her on the go but, when at a computer,
she could compose, email, and access a computer -

Also, the new eye gaze systems that are available might be something to
consider. I have not had the pleasure of "playing" with one but they look
like they might be something to look at.

nclusive *EyeGaze* Foundations - Shop | HelpKidzLearn
<http://www.helpkidzlearn.com/shop/eye-gaze/inclusive-eyegaze-foundations>
www.helpkidzlearn.com/.../*eye*-*gaze*/inclusive-*eyegaze*-foundations
<http://www.helpkidzlearn.com/shop/eye-gaze/inclusive-eyegaze-foundations>
NEW myGaze® *eye gaze technology* and Inclusive *EyeGaze* Attention ...
Light, small & *portable*: Simply snap the myGaze® Eye Tracker on to your
PC, monitor ...

Nettie's nickel

On Tue, May 26, 2015 at 8:53 PM, Jennison Asuncion <
JAsuncion at dawsoncollege.qc.ca> wrote:

> Hi,

> This question came to me and it is out of my realm of knowledge. Any help

> is appreciated in terms of AT that might be useful.

> "The student has an iPhone and accessibility to any other tech she needs

> (we will get

> whatever she needs if she doesn¹t have it). She has a permanent

> tracheotomy tube causing her speech to be not as strong

> and clear as needed. She has tried various speech to text apps including

> the new dragon without

> success. She is dependent on adults to write for her as her hands are

> malformed

> making writing near impossible."

> Jennison

*Nettie T. Fischer, ATPAssistive Technology Professional*
*NettieT, ATP Consultants*
*RESNA Certified*
*California Certified NPA *

*Phone: [916] 704-1456*
*Fax: [916] 686-1860*

* www.nettietatpconsultants.com <http://www.nettietatpconsultants.com>*
NOTICE TO RECIPIENT: This communication is intended only for the person or
entity to whom it is addressed; the contents of this message may constitute
a privileged communication and may be protected by law. If you receive this
in error, any review, use, dissemination, distribution, or copying is
strictly prohibited. Please notify the sender by return e-mail or by
contacting Nettie Fischer at (916) 704-1456 <%28530%29%20406-3166> and
delete this communication and any attached documents from your system. *Thank
You*