[Athen] useful AT for this student

Nettie Fischer nettiet at gmail.com
Wed May 27 17:35:32 PDT 2015

To piggy back on the swype keyboard - there is an app with that option but
it only works in the application, cannot generalize (path input)

The Android systems have access across all apps and if she can swipe the
screen, may be an option

Nettie's nickel

Excuse the grammar and spelling glitches, on the run :)

On Wed, May 27, 2015 at 4:57 PM, Lisa Brandt <lisa.brandt1 at pcc.edu> wrote:

> If she can do any kind of touch input at all (i.e., touching one spot on

> the screen and moving around), a Swype-style keyboard might work. If even

> that is too much, maybe Dasher. Not everyone can adjust to it, but some

> people get very fast at it.

> On May 26, 2015, at 8:53 PM, Jennison Asuncion <

>> JAsuncion at dawsoncollege.qc.ca> wrote:

>> Hi,

>>> This question came to me and it is out of my realm of knowledge. Any

>>> help is appreciated in terms of AT that might be useful.

>>> "The student has an iPhone and accessibility to any other tech she needs

>>> (we will get

>>> whatever she needs if she doesn¹t have it). She has a permanent

>>> tracheotomy tube causing her speech to be not as strong

>>> and clear as needed. She has tried various speech to text apps including

>>> the new dragon without

>>> success. She is dependent on adults to write for her as her hands are

>>> malformed

>>> making writing near impossible."

>>> Jennison

> --

> Lisa Brandt, PCC Disability Services

> Accessibility Technician

> Alternate Media Formats Technician

> 971-722-4366

> SY CC 260

*Nettie T. Fischer, ATPAssistive Technology Professional*
*NettieT, ATP Consultants*
*RESNA Certified*
*California Certified NPA *

*Phone: [916] 704-1456*
*Fax: [916] 686-1860*

* www.nettietatpconsultants.com <http://www.nettietatpconsultants.com>*
NOTICE TO RECIPIENT: This communication is intended only for the person or
entity to whom it is addressed; the contents of this message may constitute
a privileged communication and may be protected by law. If you receive this
in error, any review, use, dissemination, distribution, or copying is
strictly prohibited. Please notify the sender by return e-mail or by
contacting Nettie Fischer at (916) 704-1456 <%28530%29%20406-3166> and
delete this communication and any attached documents from your system. *Thank
You*