[Athen] compilation of posts related to Section 508

Jennifer Sutton jsuttondc at gmail.com
Thu May 28 09:26:46 PDT 2015

Greetings, ATHENites (in the U.S.):

I thought I'd share the compilation of posts related to Section 508,
for those of you who may be interested. Based on the number of
college/university policies I've seen that make reference to it, in
one way or another, I imagine many of you will at least want to take a skim.

One thing I noticed is that, assuming there's no objection, the term
will be changed from E&IT to ICT. I always wondered about that; ICT
is what I'd become familiar with, outside of a U.S. context. See the
section on "Terminology Changes" in the second post, below, of the
three-part set.

Perhaps it's a little thing, but we all know how important standards
harmonization and definitions of terms can be.

Best,
Jennifer

Part 1 of 3:
Understanding the Proposed Section 508 Refresh - Overview - SSB BART Group
http://www.ssbbartgroup.com/blog/understanding-proposed-section-508-refresh-overview/

2/3:
Understanding the Proposed Section 508 Refresh - Proposed Changes -
SSB BART Group
http://www.ssbbartgroup.com/blog/understanding-proposed-section-508-refresh-proposed-changes/

3/3:
Understanding the Proposed Section 508 Refresh - Areas Requiring
Clarification - SSB BART Group
http://www.ssbbartgroup.com/blog/understanding-proposed-section-508-refresh-areas-requiring-clarification/

and

Comment of Public.Resource.Org and Co-Signatories, Notice of Proposed
Rulemaking, Docket Number ATBCB-2015-0002
https://law.resource.org/pub/us/cfr/regulations.gov.docket.09/accessboard.gov.20150528.html