[Athen] Linking to Social Media Sites

Dimac, Marcie mdimac at kent.edu
Fri May 29 06:47:49 PDT 2015

Good morning y'all!

I serve as the AT coordinator for Kent State University, a large public research institution in NE Ohio. We have numerous regional campuses and our student body is over 50K.

All of our regionals, including the 'main' campus, link to social media sites, specifically Pinterest and Facebook.

One of our regionals is using Pinterest as a means to 'pin' study skills, test taking skills, note taking skills etc. to a special board they have created and advertise within their academic success center.

Most other campuses only use Pinterest to 'pin' articles and such about Kent State for the 'world' to see.

I have been asked if Kent State is allowed to link to these third-party social media sites, as Pinterest in particular, is inaccessible.

I'm weary of the regional Pinterest that is using it to post academic resources and least weary of the others, as they are posting articles about KSU that can be accessed elsewhere, like the main page.

I have no clue though how to answer this question for them.

Anyone have any insight on this?

Thanks!!!

Marcie

330-672-3391

mdimac at kent.edu

www.kent.edu/sas<http://www.kent.edu/sas>

Student Accessibility Services (SAS) | Kent State University
The staff in the office of Student Accessibility Services at Kent State University heartily welcomes you to the university and to our office. We encourage you to peruse our site, call and ask questions, schedule a visit or an appointment, or just stop by to see where we're located (Ground Floor, DeWeese Center).
Read more...<http://www.kent.edu/sas>