[Athen] Recommendation on best scanner to work with Read&Write Gold

Laura Carlson lcarlson at d.umn.edu
Thu Nov 19 04:35:44 PST 2015

Hello everyone,

Our Disability Resources (DR) office uses scanners in conjunction with
Read&Write GOLD to scan tests into Microsoft Word.

They currently have 2 HP scanners, but different models, and the 3rd
is an Epson, which increases the variability for issues to occur and
hinders trouble shooting. In addition, a problem exists with the first
page not scanning, which seems to be related to the scanners waking
from sleep. Given this we are recommending DR gets 3 new scanners.

Any ideas on good options? Ideally, we would want ones that could be
switched to stay awake all the time to reduce depending upon people to
remember to wake them first before launching the R&W Gold.

Thank you very much.

Kindest Regards,
Laura

--