[Athen] MatLab - how are other campuses dealing with it's lack of accessibility

Howard Kramer hkramer at ahead.org
Wed Nov 25 14:23:49 PST 2015

I'm helping a colleague review the renewal of our campus MatLab contract.
The product doesn't seem to be at all accessible. (I did see some
documentation on how to set it up with the Java accessibility bridge to
make it more JAWS accessible but this seems like quite an involved task -
and not sure how well this approach works).

I'd be interested in hearing how other campuses have dealt with this - have
they found alternatives or is this software, such as with CAD, where you
simply accept that it's inaccessible. Any feedback on this would be
appreciated.

Thanks,
Howard

--
Howard Kramer
Conference Coordinator

Join us for the *Accessing Higher Ground Conference
<http://accessinghigherground.org/>* in Denver, Colorado, Nov 16-20, 2015.
Complete Attendee, Exhibitor, Hotel, and Registration materials are
available now.

Complete program information and registration is open for our full line-up
of webinars, *AHEADtoYOU!
<http://ahead.org/learn/virtual-learning/webinars>* And the *Technology
Access Series <http://ahead.org/learn/virtual-learning/at_webinars_15_16>*.
Site capacities for all webinar events is limited; please register at your
earliest convenience for the largest selection.

Not yet a member of AHEAD? *We welcome you to join AHEAD now.
<http://ahead.org/join/become-a-member>*