[Athen] Kurzweil install error message 1722

Wink Harner foreigntype at gmail.com
Wed Oct 7 16:52:22 PDT 2015

Hi all ATHENITES,

Anyone out there with any experience troubleshooting Kurzweil install
problems? In attempting to load the new software for Kurzweil 3000, I came
up with error message number 1722. I tried to install three times. Then I
googled this (here's the link:
http://support.cambiumtech.com/index.php?pg=kb.page
<http://support.cambiumtech.com/index.php?pg=kb.page&id=1771> &id=1771),
downloaded both C++ 86 & 64, restarted, attempted to install Kurzweil, and
ran into the same error message. According to the link above, manual step
three involves replacing DLL files.

If this is a common install glitch with Kurzweil, any clues, tricks and
tips, even just vague encouragement would be welcome. I thought I'd call on
you all before calling in the troops it Kurzweil for tech support.

I'm working on a Dell laptop, Windows home premium edition 7.0, 64-bit OS,
6.0 Gb.

Any help would be appreciated.

Wink Harner

Adaptive Technology Consulting & Training

Alternative Text & Media Production

The Foreigntype

foreigntype at gmail.com

winkharner1113 at gmail.com

(Disclaimer: this email was dictated with Dragon NaturallySpeaking. Please
forgive any quirks, mis-recognitions, or omissions.)