[Athen] Question about ZoomText and Canvas New User Interface

Rovner, Amy arovner at shoreline.edu
Thu Oct 15 13:36:47 PDT 2015

Hi,

We have a blind faculty member who teaches an online class in Canvas from home. We turned on the new Canvas User Interface before the start of Fall Quarter. (For those of you not using Canvas, the new interface is a responsive design so resizes based on device screen size.) He is finding this new user interface very frustrating and difficult to learn because of the shifting location of buttons depending on screen size, browser zoom, etc. We are in process of purchasing ZoomText for our office so that we can experience what he is seeing at home. In the meantime, I'm looking for any insight that I can provide to him re: best way to set up his browser and ZoomText so that the Canvas configuration will remain stable each time he accesses it.

Any advice appreciated!

Thanks so much,
Amy

Amy Rovner, MPH RD
Instructional Designer, eLearning Services
Shoreline Community College
(206) 546-6937