[Athen] for all you math accessibility guru’s

KRISTA L. GREEAR greeark at uw.edu
Thu Oct 15 16:15:24 PDT 2015

I have the blessing to train all the faculty at one of our campuses School of STEM about accessible math content. In my preparation I have come across these questions:

1) Why does LaTeX not work with adaptive technology?

2) How would you explain professor about how to make LaTeX accessible? (aka is the only option to turn into MathML and use it in a word document or with HTML)?

3) What do you use to go from a LaTeX-based document to a MathML one?

4) Do you know of any updates about making math accessible within a PDF?

5) If you got to stand in front of all math faculty at your campus, what would you want to share with them?

In return, I'm happy to share with the listserv any nuggets of gold I discover from this experience.

Krista Greear
University of Washington | Disability Resources for Students
Accessible Text & Technology Manager
011 Mary Gates Hall | Box 352808
Seattle, WA 98195-2808 | disability.uw.edu/<http://disability.uw.edu/%22%20%5Ct%20%22_blank>
[ada-banner]