[Athen] Music notation software for blind student

Corazon Napolis coco.napolis at csueastbay.edu
Tue Oct 27 10:34:48 PDT 2015

Please forgive cross-posts.

We have a blind music major that has been receiving hardcopy music braille.
He now wants to explore the option of navigating through music with Lime
music notation software for non-vocal pieces or the larger scores.

We won't be needing the braille output and I imagine we'd release a
MusicXML file to the student? Does anyone have any experience with this?
Are there any existing services that I can outsource these jobs to in the
meantime, while we create some sort of in-house workflow?

I know I will need to hire someone with a music background (we are looking
at grad students in the music department), but not quite sure what exactly
they would be doing in house (scanning in sheet music, proofing that the
software converts it properly)?

Thanks for any input!
--

*Corazon (Coco) Napolis*

Accessible Media Coordinator

Accessibility Services

California State University, East Bay

Accessibility Services, Rm. LI 2400

25800 Carlos Bee Blvd, Hayward CA 94542-3057

TEL | 510-885-3831 FAX | 510-885-7633

*"To receive much, Is to give much."*