[Athen] Accessibility of CBORD GET

Schafer, Carmen schafercg at missouri.edu
Thu Sep 17 18:45:30 PDT 2015

Dear Colleagues:

Our institution (University of Missouri) is currently looking into purchasing CBORD<https://www.cbord.com/> GET Funds and Foods product. We have reviewed the 508 VPAT they provided, but found that their VPAT does not provide a clear enough understanding of the accessibility of the GET products (web application and mobile apps).

Is anyone currently using CBORD's GET Funds and Food products and willing to share your experience, especially in regard to any of the following:

* Currently identified accessibility barriers, both major and minor

* How the company handles accessibility support for the product (Do they have an accessibility team? Are they responsive to feedback about accessibility issues? What is the best way to reach them to discuss an accessibility issue?)

* How the company documents accessibility gaps for the product (if at all)

* If and how the company provides recommended accessibility workarounds for known issues

* Anecdotal reports from students about specific or unique accessibility issues when using this product and its functionalities

Any information or direction you can provide is greatly appreciated, and you are welcome to contact me offline if you prefer.

Regards,

Carmen Schafer
User Support Analyst, ACT Center
Division of IT, University of Missouri