[Athen] SETDA Policy Brief and Executive Search

Gaeir Dietrich gdietrich at htctu.net
Wed Sep 23 18:28:22 PDT 2015

Hi all!

Perhaps some of you have heard of SETDA (State Educational Technology
Directors Association), but since I have little contact with the K-12s any
longer, the organization was new to me. They have a very nice policy brief
on accessibility of digital materials that discusses issues from OER to UDL
to Creative Commons Licensing to funding:

http://www.setda.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/SETDA_PolicyBrief_Accessibil
ity_FNL.5.29.pdf

I also noted on their Web site that they are seeking an executive director.

http://www.setda.org/about/employment/

It looks like a very interesting position, and I would be thrilled to see
someone who knows about post-secondary ed as SETDA's head. It could open up
some wonderful opportunities for collaboration. Down-side.I believe they are
based in Maryland.

Hope your fall terms are all starting smoothly!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Gaeir (rhymes with "fire") Dietrich
Director
High Tech Center Training Unit of the
California Community Colleges
De Anza College, Cupertino, CA
<http://www.htctu.net/> www.htctu.net
408-996-6047

If you would like to schedule a site visit, training, or phone consultation,
please contact HTCTU Network Administrator, Dale Kan at
<mailto:dkan at htctu.net> dkan at htctu.net or 408-996-4636; to ensure that
priority e-mails are seen, please copy Dale on important and time-sensitive
matters.Thank you.