[Athen] Accessible chemical drawing program

Shawn Foster fosters at sou.edu
Thu Sep 24 08:16:20 PDT 2015

Hello, all:

I have a blind student taking Organic Chemistry this year. The class
usually uses Symyx Draw to draw chemical structures. In testing, Symyx was
not accessible with either NVDA or JAWS, the two screenreaders the student
is familiar with.

If you know of an accessible chemical drawing program, I'd be thrilled to
hear about it. We have backup plans for tactile drawing boards, but that's
really not ideal if we can avoid it.

Thanks,
Shawn

*Shawn Foster*

Disability Resources Coordinator | U-CAM Coordinator

Southern Oregon University | 1250 Siskiyou Blvd | Ashland OR 97520
541-552-6213

Why I'm at SOU: http://youtu.be/Ski0MzPd5IM