[Athen] athen-list Digest, Vol 123, Issue 10

Weissenberger, Todd M todd-weissenberger at uiowa.edu
Mon Apr 11 12:07:33 PDT 2016

A more coherent version of a recently-asked question (I hope it's coherent!):

What are people doing about print release stations? Here's a typical scenario:

1. User prints document
2. Document is queued in print release software
3. User goes to printer, authenticates
4. Print job is released

I'm thinking mainly of a blind user and how they might independently and effectively execute he print process from end to end. Step 3 has us stymied at the moment. I know that one vendor offers a prox/identity card release option, and that looks pretty good. A couple of people have already indicated that their blind users don't like print release--has anyone done anything about it?

Todd

T.M. Weissenberger
Web Accessibility Coordinator
Information Technology Services