[Athen] Accessible Medical Heath Record and Billing Software

Corey, Kirk kirk-corey at uiowa.edu
Mon Aug 8 15:08:53 PDT 2016

Hi, Howard. I don’t have a ton of info here, but I did see a screen reader demo of Epic’s MyChart module (patient portal) recently. It seemed pretty usable in the demo, and the individual showing the software indicated that he was pleased with the accessibility of the software.

I also noticed that the NFB had issued a call for comments on accessibility of EHR software in 2014 (http://nfbnet.org/pipermail/humanser_nfbnet.org/2014-August/002988.html) – I didn’t find any summary of the results, however.

Hope this helps,

Kirk