[Athen] Google Docs accessibility

Bourne, Sarah (ITD) sarah.bourne at mass.gov
Wed Aug 10 11:38:32 PDT 2016

I was just looking at Google's site, Accessibility for Docs editors<https://support.google.com/docs/topic/6039805?hl=en&ref_topic=1382883> and their page Use Google Calendar with a screen reader<https://support.google.com/calendar/answer/1630828?hl=en&ref_topic=6272668>. It looks like they've made some significant improvements since the last studies I saw, the 2012 ATHEN studies.
Has anyone done any formal (or otherwise!) research into their current status since these changes have been made? If you're using them, have you seen improvements for keyboard-only and screen reader users?
Thank you,
sb
Sarah E. Bourne
Director of IT Accessibility, MassIT