[Athen] [WebAIM] Acrobat DC Autotag Form Fields

Karlen Communications info at karlencommunications.com
Thu Aug 25 08:03:46 PDT 2016

You have to start a PDF form with no Tags. The language to "Autotag" forms is a bit misleading. You won't see the form Tags until you finish working with the forms in the document (ensuring all of them are there and that they have Tooltips).

It should really be something like "add form fields to document" which takes away the expectation of seeing Tags.

THEN you Tag the document and you will be able to see the from controls and the document Tags.

But you must start a PDF form with an untagged PDF, add the form controls/fields and THEN Tag the entire document.

If you don't you create more work for yourself and the accessibility of the form controls is wonky.

If you use the Action Wizard make Accessible Wizard, you go through this hierarchy of tasks to add the form fields, then Tag the document but if you need to add more form controls, you may end up with a wonky PDF form.

Cheers, Karen