[Athen] Examples of accessible features

Joshua Hori jhori at ucdavis.edu
Fri Dec 9 11:57:01 PST 2016

Here's a resource which has a working group keeping the information updated: http://oaa-accessibility.org/

Joshua

-----Original Message-----
From: athen-list [mailto:athen-list-bounces at mailman13.u.washington.edu] On Behalf Of Jennifer Sutton
Sent: Tuesday, December 6, 2016 9:17 AM
To: Access Technology Higher Education Network <athen-list at u.washington.edu>
Subject: Re: [Athen] Examples of accessible features

A couple of other resources are:

http://whatsock.com/

[provides examples, ARIA training, etc. One of the most comprehensive up-to-date sites I know of and always my first stop when addressing a question like this.] The Technical Style Guide can be especially helpful.

And Heydon's recent book, Inclusive Design Patterns:
https://www.smashingmagazine.com/books/#inclusive-design-patterns

In my experience, it's ideal to "teach people to fish," rather than pointing them to a resource that may not be being maintained/updated.
I'm not saying that there's anything wrong with what's been pointed out; I'm making a general observation.

Best,
Jennifer