[Athen] Accessible statistics software

Russell Solowoniuk SolowoniukR at macewan.ca
Fri Dec 9 14:03:02 PST 2016

Hi Joshua,

Thanks so much. This will be really helpful. I notice that Jonathan does cover SPSS, so it will at least give us an idea of what we are comparing. I have also sent my question to the Blindmath listserv.

Yes, finding information about PSPP accessibility is proving to be much fun! :)

Have a great weekend!

Russell

Russell Solowoniuk
AT Educational Assistant, Services to Students with Disabilities
MacEwan University
7-198 D4, 10700-104 Ave.
Edmonton, AB T5J 4S2
E: solowoniukr at macewan.ca
T: 780-497-5826
F: 780-497-4018
macewan.ca
This communication is intended for the use of the recipient to whom it is addressed and may contain confidential, personal, and/or privileged information. Please contact me immediately if you are not the intended recipient of this communication, and do not copy, distribute, or take action relying on it. Any communication received in error, or subsequent reply, should be deleted or destroyed.

>>> Joshua Hori <jhori at ucdavis.edu> 2016-12-09 12:52 PM >>>

Hello Russell,

There is a blog that is tracking the accessibility of stats software by a blind stats professor, Jonathan Godfrey (from NZ). It can be accessed here: https://r-resources.massey.ac.nz/statsoftware/

I'm not sure what PSPP is and it's not listed on the blog. So that might be a fun one to deal with...

Jonathan is pretty active on the NFB Blindmath listserv.

Enjoy!

Joshua

E: solowoniukr at macewan.ca
T: 780-497-5826