[Athen] Vendor refusal of accessibility

Kara Zirkle kzirkle1 at gmu.edu
Tue Jan 5 08:53:24 PST 2016

Hello all,

I have run into an issue where we've identified multiple vendors that meet a departments need for purchase. After talking with each of these vendors we've either received no response, a statement of if a VPAT is required, we were to go elsewhere and the company would not be a good fit. Two other vendors at least worked with us to get an accessibility report to then tell us that they don't have the time and resource to incorporate the accessibility.

Unfortunately I've been working on this project for well over 4 months as we're up against the time of renewal of one of these companies. Any advice and input you can give is appreciated.

Is anyone using the following vendors? If so, have you tested for accessibility or had issues where you've requested the vendor make changes? I'm hoping to at least find a group of users of these vendors to help use to grow momentum of making accessibility a priority.

I'd be happy to share privately about each vendor. In no particular order:

WhenToWork

SubItUp

WhenIWork

TimeClock Plus