[Athen] web-based mail option that's accessible?

Dan Comden danc at uw.edu
Wed Jan 6 17:02:27 PST 2016

I just spent a mostly-fruitless two hours with a visually impaired student
trying to get him into the web client for his hotmail.com address.
Typically he reads his mail on his iPhone, but that's not an option for
working with the class handouts he's been receiving from instructors.

It is a truly awful interface, one of the worst I've seen in a while.
Microsoft has not only dropped the ball, they have stomped it flat and
kicked it into the sewer.

Combined with the fact the student is just learning Windows and JAWS, he is
very much stuck.

Does anyone have a suggestion for a decent web-based email solution?

Yes, I'm working with the department to get this content posted accessibly
on an LMS or web page, but it would be nice to have a more rapid solution.

--
-*- Dan Comden danc at uw.edu <danc at washington.edu>
Access Technology Center www.uw.edu/itconnect/accessibility/atl/