[Athen] Question about what other institutions are doing regarding CAD/CAM type software

Howard Kramer hkramer at colorado.edu
Wed Jan 13 10:09:28 PST 2016

Hello All:

I'm working with the University of Colorado on evaluating software for
accessibility before moving forward on purchasing and contracts.

I'm wondering what other institutions do with the category of software that
has CAD/CAM type functions. As far as I know the technology does not exist
to make these types of applications screenreader accessible without taking
action outside the software (e.g. printing of tactile graphics).

In terms of asking for the vendor to provide a roadmap, do you ask that the
parts that can be made accessible (data entry elements) be made accessible
and give the rest a pass? Hopefully, what I'm asking makes sense.

Thanks,
Howard

--
Howard Kramer