[Athen] AT software causing problem with IT loadsets

Dan Comden danc at uw.edu
Mon Jan 25 10:41:42 PST 2016

We have JAWS (network), NVDA, ZoomText (network), NaturalReader, and
TextHelp all part of our standard image. Apart from occasional issues with
our JAWS license server, no problems with the other apps on the image. This
is a Win7 build and we're testing Win10.

Where you can run into problems is use of a virtual machine -- apps like
ZoomText often don't work in that environment due to the nature of the
display driver.

-*- Dan

On Mon, Jan 25, 2016 at 9:40 AM, Howard Kramer <hkramer at ahead.org> wrote:

> Hello All:

> Does anyone know of a reason to avoid putting AT software (JAWS for

> example) into IT loadsets (computer lab software configurations) so that

> this software can be distributed across campus computers? Our IT contact

> feels it might cause the systems to be unstable. I know this can sometimes

> happen. How have you addressed this on your campuses?

> Thanks,

> Howard

> --

> Howard Kramer

> Conference Coordinator

> Accessing Higher Ground

> 303-492-8672

> cell: 720-351-8668

> Join us for the *Accessing Higher Ground Conference

> <http://accessinghigherground.org/>* in Denver, Colorado, Nov 16-20, 2015.

> Complete Attendee, Exhibitor, Hotel, and Registration materials are

> available now.

> Complete program information and registration is open for our full line-up

> of webinars, *AHEADtoYOU!

> <http://ahead.org/learn/virtual-learning/webinars>* And the *Technology

> Access Series <http://ahead.org/learn/virtual-learning/at_webinars_15_16>*.

> Site capacities for all webinar events is limited; please register at your

> earliest convenience for the largest selection.

> Not yet a member of AHEAD? *We welcome you to join AHEAD now.

> <http://ahead.org/join/become-a-member>*

-*- Dan Comden danc at uw.edu <danc at washington.edu>
Access Technology Center www.uw.edu/itconnect/accessibility/atl/
University of Washington UW Information Technology