[Athen] Do you use: Accommodate, Clockworks, Sam??

Joshua Hori jhori at ucdavis.edu
Fri Jan 29 16:03:39 PST 2016

I’m currently using Clockworks, trashed Accommodate after 2 years of attempted implementation, and never tried Sam.

I can get you another contact who is currently using Symplicity (Accommodate) who will say to avoid it like the plague. A director at a well-known university too. Too many bugs for our taste.

Clockworks will require that you have a tech to assist with setting up the connection between banner and the database, and you’ll need to create a Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) connection if you want to run Clockwork on Mac/iOS/Android. Yes, I can run CW through a RDP on my iPad. We use DUO security as 2 form authentication. They aren’t very fast at fixing bugs.

There was another database vendor up in Oregon who I’m forgetting right now. Is Ron Stewart here? Wasn’t that his database?

Best,

Joshua Hori
Accessible Technology Analyst
Student Disability Center