[Athen] VoiceThread Captioning Process

Hunziker, Dawn A - (hunziker) hunziker at email.arizona.edu
Wed Jul 20 11:12:08 PDT 2016

Hi all,

As with many campuses, VoiceThread is rapidly expanding in use at the University of Arizona. I'm wondering if you'd be willing to share your process and what tools you use to caption the VoiceThread audio components. Currently, we download the entire VoiceThread stream, crop the video so we get accurate timestamps. Once we request caption files, we upload the caption file to the VoiceThread components since we've been successful in having instructors add us as editors to their VoiceThread course component.

While the vendor integrations are good options, there isn't a way for us to monitor the requests and, when one course has over 300 VoiceThread submissions, I'd like to do a little more research before we open that door!

Thanks!

Dawn

~~
Dawn Hunziker