[Athen] Conflicts between Naturally Speaking and Duo two factor authentication

Kathleen Cahill kcahill at mit.edu
Thu Jun 2 09:31:32 PDT 2016

Hi Colleagues,

We have recently discovered problems for users of Dragon Naturally Speaking Professional 13 (may also exist for DNS Premium too but haven’t tested yet). If you are a DNS user and your institution uses Duo two factor authentication to access secure websites, the Dragon browser plug-in has a conflict with Duo and will not load the secure sites unless the plug-in is disabled, rendering Dragon useless.

We’ve tested this in Windows 7 (32 and 64 bit) as well as Windows 10. It happens with Chrome, Firefox and IE 11. It does not seem to be a problem if using Dragon for Mac with Duo.

Please let me know if you use Duo and have encountered this problem, or if you have a contact at Nuance that I could escalate this to.

Thanks
Kathy

Kathleen Cahill
MIT Assistive Technology Information Center (ATIC)
77 Mass. Ave. 7-143
Cambridge MA 02139
(617) 253-5111
kcahill at mit.edu