[Athen] Making courses accessible (online and face to face)

Preast, Vanessa vanessa.preast at dmu.edu
Tue Nov 1 06:34:43 PDT 2016

Hello,

I'm working on some accessibility planning for our institution, and I'd like to learn about other schools' experiences with making courses accessible. This would help with setting achievable goals, reasonable timelines and next steps.

Another small institution about our size managed to make all their syllabi accessible (per their checklist) within about 3 years. This seems doable, but it does not address the full scope of what needs to be made accessible within courses.

Are there schools out there that have managed to make all their online and face-to-face courses fully accessible within 3 years? If so, I'd like to learn more about your specific goals, outcomes and processes to accomplish those outcomes.

Thanks,
Vanessa