[Athen] Time estimates for remediation

Karen Sorensen karen.sorensen at pcc.edu
Tue Nov 22 14:30:43 PST 2016

Hi Vanessa,
It's a bit old, but I have used this California Community College System
Needs Assessment of the Accessibility of Distance Education
<http://files.eric.ed.gov/fulltext/ED537862.pdf> study as our model to do a
time and cost analysis of what it would take to remediate all of of our
older online courses that have never had an accessibility review. We have
over 2000 older courses and the cost would have been about $1.5 million, so
we have taken a different approach.
The CA study provides time estimates that I thought were pretty good
averages for different job types.
Hope it helps.
Best,
Karen
Karen M. Sorensen
Accessibility Advocate for Online Courses
www.pcc.edu/access
Portland Community College
971-722-4720
Twitter: @ksorensun