[Athen] Resources to convert captioned QT videos?

Emily Griffin emily at 3playmedia.com
Tue Sep 6 12:14:05 PDT 2016

Hi Wink,

That would depend on a couple things.

If the QT videos have open captions, not closed captions, then the caption
data is burned into the video file. Any video conversions from QT to mp3 or
other formats would retain caption information.

However, if the QT video has closed captions, then you would need to
download the caption file and convert that to the necessary format.
Unfortunately, none of the free subtitle conversion tools I know of will
convert a QT file. They usually accept more common formats like SRT.

Emily

--
Emily Griffin

*Content Marketing Manager*