[Athen] Office 365 Accessibility Announcement from Microsoft

Howard Kramer hkramer at ahead.org
Thu Sep 8 10:11:48 PDT 2016

Passing along this announcement from Microsoft:

Microsoft recently released an announcement about new accessibility
capabilities in Office 365 (details below).

Recently released accessibility enhancements showcased in this Office Blog
post
<https://blogs.office.com/2016/08/25/productivity-and-inclusion-office-365-accessibility-update/>
worth
calling out for the higher education community include:

1. The ability to see data more clearly in Excel Online in High
Contrast Modes

2. The ability to run accessibility checks on content in Office for
Mac apps

3. The ability to get spelling suggestions in Word for PCs even when
the misspelled word is very different from the intended word

Microsoft will continue to make progress in enhancing the accessibility of
Office 365 apps in the coming months and invites members of the higher
education community to give ideas to help make all products truly usable by
people of all abilities
<https://microsoftaccessibility.uservoice.com/forums/307429-microsoft-accessibility-feedback>.
Also, we hope to see many of you in person or virtually on Nov 17 at the
Microsoft session at the AHG conference
<http://accessinghigherground.org/creating-inclusive-classrooms-campuses-microsoft-technologies/>
.

--
Howard Kramer
Conference Coordinator

Join us for the *Accessing Higher Ground Conference
<http://accessinghigherground.org/>* in Denver, Colorado, Nov 14-18, 2016.
Request for proposals will be announced at the beginning of March.

Complete program information and registration is open for our full line-up
of webinars, *AHEADtoYOU!
<http://ahead.org/learn/virtual-learning/webinars>* And the *Technology
Access Series <http://ahead.org/learn/virtual-learning/at_webinars_15_16>*.
Site capacities for all webinar events is limited; please register at your
earliest convenience for the largest selection.

Not yet a member of AHEAD? *We welcome you to join AHEAD now.
<http://ahead.org/join/become-a-member>*