[Athen] who uses Handbrake to merge SRTs and videos?

Krista Greear greeark at uw.edu
Mon Apr 17 13:38:24 PDT 2017

My team is running into an odd issue where the SRT file we receive from our vendor is slightly longer than the video, resulting in the last timestamp being "cut off" or not being included in the video produced by Handbrake.

The vendor proposed that we use VLC Media Player to add the subtitle track. We verified that using the SRT and video in VLC Media Player did create a quality captioned video.

We updated Handbrake, and are still observing that the last timestamp in the SRT is "cut off" or not being included.

Thoughts?

KRISTA GREEAR
Assistant Director
Disability Resources for Students

011 Mary Gates Hall
Box 352808
Seattle, WA 98195-2808
Direct: 206.221.4136 / Main: 206.543.8924
greeark at uw.edu<mailto:greeark at uw.edu>/ http://disability.uw.edu<http://disability.uw.edu/>
[cid:image002.gif at 01D2B77F.E0E04750]