[Athen] Caption Service folks are using

Samantha Johns samanj at pdx.edu
Thu Apr 20 11:28:54 PDT 2017

Hello Krista,

The interactive transcript is an important function for all students to
increase access to closed captions.

The 3Play interactive transcript does not integrate with our media server
Kaltura, they only support embedding the interactive transcript, just not
with Kaltura at this time.

Warm Regards,

*Samantha Johns*

*Accessible Media Coordinator*

*Office of Academic Innovation*

Portland State University
1825 SW Broadway
Smith Memorial Student Union, Mezzanine 209
Portland OR 97201
(503) 725-2754

Caption Badge: Universal Design for learning 2016

“The one argument for accessibility that doesn’t get made nearly often
enough is how extraordinarily better it makes some people’s lives. How many
opportunities do we have to dramatically improve people’s lives just by
doing our job a little better?” ― Steve Krug