[Athen] Is Windows 10 driving anyone else crazy?

Chagnon | PubCom chagnon at pubcom.com
Mon Dec 4 10:15:07 PST 2017

Not only is this a royal P I T A for everyone, but it’s also an ADA issue and the community should file a formal complaint with DOJ’s ADA office.

Adobe is not able to stop Microsoft from hijacking the PDF file format’s default software.

In theory, all users should be able to set their default preferences for any file format, and the OS (namely Apple and Microsoft) should respect the user’s choice. There was an anti-trust lawsuit in the 1990s with Microsoft about something very similar.

Since then, we now that we have Sec. 508 in place and I think a stronger case can be built on ADA violations. Edge is not fully accessible and provides an inferior user experience for those using A T.

Any accessibility lawyers out there who want to fight this?

--Bevi Chagnon

— — —

— — —

Bevi Chagnon | www.PubCom.com

Technologists for Accessible Design and Publishing

print – digital – web – documents – pdfs – epubs

consulting – training – development – design – sec. 508 services

— — —