[Athen] video accessibility on Facebook

KRISTA L. GREEAR greeark at uw.edu
Fri Feb 10 11:32:32 PST 2017

Two questions that cropped up from my captioning training with Housing and Food Services yesterday -

What's the best process for ensuring the videos they post on Facebook are accessible? They create videos on the fly. And create videos hosted on their YouTube channel (I taught them how to create/edit captions using YouTube).

And they regularly livestream on Facebook. Sometimes there's audio but sometimes the stream is of a scene, like freshmen moving in on move-in day. Has anyone else dealt with this situation? How have you handled it? I told them about remote CART services.

Thanks in advanced,

KRISTA GREEAR
Assistant Director
Disability Resources for Students

011 Mary Gates Hall
Box 352808
Seattle, WA 98195-2808
Direct: 206.221.4136 / Main: 206.543.8924
greeark at uw.edu<mailto:greeark at uw.edu>/ http://disability.uw.edu<http://disability.uw.edu/>
[cid:image001.gif at 01D28391.12F5C940]