[Athen] The <header> element VS Banner region landmark

William Frankhouser wfrankhouser at everettcc.edu
Fri Jan 20 11:49:45 PST 2017

Would forcing the ARIA label role="complementary" on any sidebar or
sections with the <header> element? (Instead of role="banner")
https://www.w3.org/TR/wai-aria/roles#complementary

That article states: "the banner role is only mapped to <header> when the
is scoped to the <body> element." But It looks like your testing proves
otherwise based on the reader. Would the screen reader pick up the roles?

*William Frankhouser* / Web Development Services
*Information Technology / Advance, Equip, Serve.*

*Phone: 425-259-8705Email: wfrankhouser at everettcc.edu
<wfrankhouser at everettcc.edu>*

*How did I do?*
Please take a minute to help us improve by completing the IT Feedback
Survey. (http://goo.gl/J3nGC) Thank you!
[image: Everett CC logo] <http://www.everettcc.edu/>

<http://www.facebook.com/EverettCC> <http://twitter.com/EverettCC>
<http://www.youtube.com/EverettCommCollege>