[Athen] Equidox - document remediation

Corrine Schoeb kschoeb1 at swarthmore.edu
Mon Jan 23 11:17:07 PST 2017

Anyone using Equidox for document remediation?

I'd be interested to know more about your experience with the tool. Here
are few things I'm curious about:

- do students have any issues with the remediated results in tools like
Read Write & Gold, Kurzwell, JAWS, etc.
- were their any issues with the resulting documents in your Learning
Management Sofware (LMS). We are a Moodle shop at the moment and
particularly curious about issues there, but interested in the interaction
with other LMS's as well
- how did you deploy the tool - e.g. limited number of staff members
and/ or faculty members?
- how easy/hard was it to learn to use?
- how did it handle tables?
- any issues with page numbering or images? How about styling?
- how did it handle the conversion of non-OCR'd PDF's?
- If I'm understanding the tool correctly its only output format is
html. Were there any issues with this and if so, could you tell me more?
- how about cost? reasonable or expensive for what it delivers?

Thanks in advance for any feedback you can provide.

--

Corrine Schoeb
Technology Accessibility Coordinator, ITS

*** Swarthmore College ITS will never ask you for your password, including
by email. Please keep your passwords private to protect yourself and the
security of our network.

To learn more about web security visit
http://www.swarthmore.edu/its/security