[Athen] Adding captions to YouTube videos you don't own

Adam Kosakowski AKosakowski at clarku.edu
Mon Jan 30 07:10:05 PST 2017

Hello wise list-ers!

A professor of ours is showing a YouTube video they don't own and that doesn't have accurate captioning. We are currently working on a transcript but I definitely want to see if there is any way we can add captions to the video since that is way better than a print-out transcript. I reached out to the video's poster to ask that they enable community captioning, but haven't heard back yet. 3PlayMedia can give me access to a Caption Plugin that lets me do exactly this, but that costs however much they charge for a Pro account with them and being a private university we are looking to go as cheap as humanly possible.

Any ideas/leads?

Best,
Adam

Adam Kosakowski
Director of Student Accessibility Services
Clark University
Preferred pronouns: he/him/himself
Email: AKosakowski at clarku.edu
Phone: 508-798-4368
Fax: 508-421-3700
To make an appointment, please call the office or stop by!
Student Accessibility Services website<http://www2.clarku.edu/offices/aac/ada/index.cfm>