[Athen] How Marcie Lipsitt, an advocate for people with disabilities, is "really kicking up some dust" in academe

Thompson, Rachel rsthompson2 at ua.edu
Fri Jul 7 12:13:34 PDT 2017

This article has been making the rounds at my campus today. I've had no fewer than 5 messages related to it and several areas where I've been trying to get meetings are now on my calendar. Whoohoo!!

I know that we need campus-wide training and ways to make sure it happens and we need a larger role in procurement (both of which will require more staff). What are YOU asking for or what do YOU need to help move your institution toward greater inclusion and accessibility?

I'm always looking for ideas that can help further our progress and I would love to know what my colleagues in ATHEN see as important priorities when requesting resources.

Hope you are having a good Friday,
Rachel

Dr. Rachel S. Thompson
Director, Emerging Technology and Accessibility
The Office of Information Technology
The University of Alabama
A207 Gordon Palmer Hall
Box 870248