[Athen] accessibility demonstration for rfp

Kurkjian, Nazely Nazely.Kurkjian at suny.edu
Tue Jul 11 06:41:42 PDT 2017

Hi Sean,

Thank you for explaining. This is incredibly helpful. We ended up writing that the vendor may download NVDA, JAWS (demo) or use VoiceOver to demonstrate screenreader accessibility/navigability. We are trying to purchase a travel management software, for employees. I decided to focus on the accessibility of critical features of the product – capturing expenses and voucher creation. I’m not familiar with travel management software industry so I’m interested to see if accessibility is on their radar! I’ve shared your response with our procurement folks so I may come back with questions. I’m not quite sure yet how to assess the color contrast…I know there’s free contrast checking tools. Perhaps we can share these with them too.

That resource!! My goodness, I could’ve used this some time ago. Will definitely use some of these questions in an upcoming RFI.

Many thanks,
Nazely