[Athen] Senior Counseling Services Coordinator --- University of WA

Krista Greear greeark at uw.edu
Wed Jul 26 17:37:15 PDT 2017

Greetings!

Disability Resources for Students (DRS) at the University of Washington was recently approved for a new position: Senior Counseling Services Coordinator. This position is part of our DRS Counseling Coordinator team who meet and set accommodations for students (currently 3 professional staff out of a staff total of 9.5) with a few lead responsibilities in the operations of the office. It will primarily work with students in our Health Sciences programs and thus we are looking for a great leader and collaborator to fit into our DRS team and role. The UW Hires job # 147326<https://uwhires.admin.washington.edu/ENG/candidates/default.cfm?szCategory=jobprofile&jobhistory=1&szOrderID=147326> or view the direct posting with this link: https://uwhires.admin.washington.edu/ENG/candidates/default.cfm?szCategory=jobprofile&jobhistory=1&szOrderID=147326

It is an exciting time at the University of Washington right now with the DRS office continuing to grow and evolve as a unit while the campus is actively evaluating ways to create an inclusive culture on campus. As I celebrate 5 years at the UW this October, I can say that this is an institution moving in a great direction. The leadership is great (love our President<http://www.washington.edu/president/>) and partnership opportunities abound with the variety and level of accessibility experts on campus. In the last 5 years, our department has experienced tremendous growth, and in our last Provost's Town Hall, Provost Jerry Baldasty, identified that accessibility is a second goal for this upcoming year (YouTube link watch 31:38-32:31)<http://www.washington.edu/provost/>.

Please feel free to share this open position widely with peers and colleagues. If you have questions you are welcome to reach and ask me directly via email or phone below.

Thanks!

KRISTA GREEAR
Assistant Director
Disability Resources for Students

011 Mary Gates Hall
Box 352808
Seattle, WA 98195-2808
Direct: 206.221.4136 / Main: 206.543.8924
greeark at uw.edu<mailto:greeark at uw.edu>/ http://disability.uw.edu<http://disability.uw.edu/>
[cid:image001.gif at 01D30635.92001A70]