[Athen] Searching for videos that show MS Word documents read by screen readers

Preast, Vanessa vanessa.preast at dmu.edu
Fri Jun 16 12:34:51 PDT 2017

Try this search in Youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=screen+reader+word

From: athen-list [mailto:athen-list-bounces at mailman13.u.washington.edu] On Behalf Of Christine Robinson
Sent: Friday, June 16, 2017 2:31 PM
To: athen-list at u.washington.edu
Subject: [Athen] Searching for videos that show MS Word documents read by screen readers

Hi all -

Can anyone direct me to any videos which show people reading MS Word documents using screen readers?

I have found many videos that show screen reader use with websites, and some that show how to use screen readers to create Word documents, but those don't suit my purpose. I'm preparing training for making accessible Word documents, and I would love to be able to *show* what it is like to try to understand a Word document using a screen reader.

Any ideas out there?

Thanks!
Chris

Christine Robinson | Technical Trainer/Writer | Center for Teaching Excellence
Georgia Gwinnett College | 1000 University Center Lane | Lawrenceville, GA 30043